Thursday, July 2, 2009

A series of mind-f**king events

I've now realized that the car that currently lies dormant in my garage isn't a car at all. It is in fact Loki, reincarnated (was he even dead in the first place?) as a 2004 model Maruti 800. Ever since I started driving that blasted thing, something downright f**ked up has happened to me or a relative of mine.

1. Arun's car gets crushed by a Santro (drunk driver) from the back and a taxi from the front. Luckily he walked away from the accident, albeit with a horribly disfigured face.

2. My cousin kills himself over a girl. Not really sure what that was all about.

3. I run out of fuel 15km from my home. Even though the fuel guage showed "half full" less than 10 minutes ago. It has a life of its own, this thing. Had to walk all the way back in the rain, get the debit card, buy fuel and walk most of the way back.

4. Get the car covered in puke, piss and Romanov Vodka (None of it was my own. I was happily minding my own business at home when I got an "emergency" call from my friend at one in the morning. Drove all the way to Shillong Peak. There I find 6 extremely drunk high school students, a few of whom looked comatose. Carried some of them back to the car, and I was rewarded for this selfless act with an impromptu "vodka bath" and then being puked on by, not one, but two women.). I still don't know how I didn't end up losing my temper that night.

5. Broke the crankshaft. Actually BROKE it. Not sure how I managed that.

So, before the thing actually kills me, I've made the smart decision to stop driving it. Better start practising my "Taxi!! PB jayga?!?" call.

6 comments:

  1. Good move.
    This feels like Christine.
    *solemn*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advertise the car as a devil possessed car and sell the car on ebay. You'll get bucketloads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jade

    Christine?

    @Agent Zero

    Yeah, some wannabe Satanist would probably want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen King novel about a creepy possessed car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...okay.

    But I always thought of this more as James Dean's "Little Bastard".

    ReplyDelete
  6. two options-1) set the car on fire. the only way these things can really be destroyed is by immense heat.

    2) sell it in parts and trigger global annihilation.

    ReplyDelete